Wednesday 17 April 2013

Magazine Double Page Spread Progress

I started my double page spread by firstly, adding the images I wanted to use in the places I wanted them. I put my main image in the centre which is why  it is the largest image, and placed the other 4 around it and on top of each other to make it seem more interesting as well as chaotic; which goes well with the article.






I then placed my title in the bottom left hand corner of the page, and the description of the article underneath it. I ensured that the main title was large and in bold to be the most attractive thing on the page, and made the description in bold as well but also made a certain part in red to make that stand out from everything else.





The next stage was to start my article off by adding the first letter, which is always bigger than the article writing in every magazine I had looked at. I also made it red to make it stand out even more.








I then placed my article along the bottom half of the pages in columns. I also made one part in bold to show that it was a question, to make it more appealing for the reader.








Next, I placed a red box in a corner of each image, and wrote a small description of what the image  was about; using white writing to make it stand out.









I then wrote under the images and in line with the first column, the names of the people who had 'taken the images'. I made the names red to make them stand out.








Finally, I added a pull quote in the top left hand of the main image to make the reader want to read the article and find out what it's about. I also wrote it in a different font style to make it different to the rest of the writing.
I also placed the date and page number in the bottom left hand corner as this is typical of most other magazines, and also informs the reader what page they're on.

No comments:

Post a Comment