Wednesday 17 April 2013

Magazine Contents Page Progress

I started off my contents page by adding the title and date. I chose not to simply call it 'Contents page' as this is not as interesting; and the date is placed near the title as this is typical of most magazines.















I then added all of the images I was using where I wanted them, and placed a shape (triangle) over each bottom right hand corner of each image; to create the effect that they had all been snipped off.














Next, I added the page numbers in each bottom right hand corner of each image, so that my reader would know where to find the stories.
I also made the numbers red as it makes them stand out more, and will be easier for the reader to see where to find them.













I then added 3 circles to the bottom left corner of my main (largest) image; using 2 red circles and one black one between them to make it more interesting, and attractive. I then placed the word 'WIN!' in the centre in white and bold to make it stand out and 'shout' at the reader. I also tilted the word to the side to create the effect that it was stuck on.











Next, I added captions to my images; making the titles/ quotes in bold to stand out more than the descriptions underneath, as this is more likely to interest the reader in that particular article.














Finally, I placed a long red shape in the bottom right of the page, to make the subscription section stand out more that any other part; as this is both typical of most other magazines and important for the magazine to ensure that it continues to sell to its customers. I mostly made the writing white as this stands out against the red, but made certain words such as 'subscription' in black as this stands out more and makes it easier for the reader to understand what it actually is.
I also added faint lines between each article/image to separate them all, and to continue to make it easier for the reader to look at.






No comments:

Post a Comment