Tuesday 26 February 2013

My page layouts

Front Page

I have placed the masthead in the top left hand corner of the magazine because this is the typical convention of most music magazines.
I have also put a special addition next to the masthead at the top to symbolise the significance of it.
My main image will cover the whole cover, as this is my unique selling point and I want it to give the page a background for the rest of the writing and images. 
I will put the other artists names on the side in bold writing to make it stand out, as it will be on top of my main image.
The circle shape will have the information of an artists untold story and will be in a different colour to the background.
Near the bottom of the image I will put a quote from the main artist and their name/ title (It will be written over the image itself)
I may also place a banner across the very bottom which will contain more artist that can be found inside; and will also be a different colour like the circle further above.
Also, in the bottom right hand corner I will put my barcode for the magazine.






Contents Page


The title of the contents will be in the top left hand corner, because this is where people tend to read from first.
The biggest image will be on the right and the information for this image will be in the left hand corner of it, making it different to the other images.
The other images will be placed around the page in box shapes, with the information about them in a box next to/ under them so the reader knows what they're about.
In the right hand corner of each small image, there will also be a page number of where the reader can find the story/ article on that artist.
There will also be a magazine subscription advertisement in the bottem left hand corner of the page, which will contain images of other front page magazines that the reader could sign up for.





Double Page


The main/ bigger image that I will use will be inbetween both pages, and have the title and other information ontop of the image at the bottom.
The other smaller images will be placed around the bigger image on a slight angle to make it more interesting.
Two other smaller images will be under the main image and will slightly cover the top of the text box to make it seem more chaotic and exciting.
The text will also be in columns and go across the bottom half of the pages in four seperate columns. I may also add a pull quote in between text in the columns to attract peoples eye more towards that point in the article.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment