Thursday 21 March 2013

Finished Contents Page

I chose the title 'WHATS HAPPENING THIS WEEK' because it's a lot more interesting that simply, 'Contents'. The font is also the same as the front cover masthead to keep the house style going.
I also placed the date at the side of the title as most other magazines put their dates there so I know it is a popular thing to do.

My main image is of a gig, which goes well with the story to 'WIN GIG TICKETS' so I thought it was an appropriate image. I also created a sort of sticker which I have placed at the side of the image which says 'WIN!' and the fact it's on a slant makes it look even more like a sticker. To create the circle affect I placed 3 circles on top of each other to make it look like it has a black ring on the outer section; And by making the circle predominately red it makes it stand out more.

The captions of each image are written in both bold writing and normal writing in order to make the main story stand out towards the reader; and make the page seem more interesting.

On each image I placed a white triangle shape in order to create the effect that the corners of the images had been snipped off. This was so that I could place the page numbers close enough to the images that the audiences knew which page number was for which artist. By making the numbers red it also makes them stand out more because this is an eye catching colour.

The subscription section in the bottom left corner is popular among most music magazines, so I felt it was mandatory for me to have one myself. By making the shape it is written in red, ensures that it is one of the most attractive aspects of the page. This is important to a magazine as ensuring that their audience continues purchasing their product is essential. I also certain words colours in order to make them stand out even more to the reader.

I also used faint lines to separate the different sections to make it more simplistic for the reader to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment