Thursday 21 March 2013

Finished Front Cover

I decided to call my music magazine 'AMP' which stands for 'Alternative Music Press' (which is written in the letters). I put the name in the top left hand corner because this is where people commonly read from so it is the first thing that people notice; and I've also made it the largest writing on the page in order to make it stand out even more. Also, the fact that the title is in bold makes it stand out even more.

In the very top left hand corner above the masthead, I placed the date and the price in very small font size to ensure it doesn't attract too much attention. 
I also placed the website for 'AMP' underneath the masthead.

The stories I placed around the sides of the image are inspired from other magazine such as NME which is my main inspiration. By using different fonts and sizes for specific parts ensures that the main attractions stand out more than anything; as well as making more variety to attract the audience.

By making the 'MIKE SMITH' larger than the other artist names informs the reader that this is the main story in the magazine, which also relates it to the front cover image. To make the shadow affect on the 'MIKE SMITH' I layered two different ones on top of each other, making sure the black one was underneath for the shadow affect. 

I also placed a bar code in the bottom left hand corner, because this is where they are commonly found when comparing to other music magazines.

My house style colours are red, black, yellow and white. This is because it makes certain parts stand out more than others to show the reader these are the more attractive part of the magazine. I also had to choose carefully where to place certain colours as if they were placed wrongly, it would have been difficult to read certain parts so it makes it more clear for the audience to read. Another reason I chose these colours is because, when looking at other magazines it's clear that these are attractive colours; as mainly red and yellow are eye catching.

No comments:

Post a Comment