Friday 8 March 2013

Magazine Front Cover Progress

In the first lesson of beginning my front cover, I got to this stage of having placed my image on, having the name of the magazine on (Alternative Music Press), and the name of my artist and the caption.
To do this I had to change the colour of the writing by using a fill effect, and had to go onto a font website to find certain styles.
I also had to use the 'magic wand' in order to fix certain fonts that I had imported from the font website.
I now know how to add the type of typography and the font style I want to use which will help me make my other pages at a quicker pace.










I then added the date of the magazine, the price and the website name. I added the date and price to the top left because, I didn't want them to take too much attention away from the magazine; and I put the website under the masthead because this is where they're usually found.
I also placed my barcode in the bottom left as this is typical of most other magazines.




After I had done this, alls that was left was the story's for what could be found inside. I ensured that different fonts in both bold and normal writing was used, to make it more variable.  I also made different words or phrases different colours to make certain parts stand out more than others. I did this because, most magazines choose to make all of the writing different because it makes the magazine appear more interesting and appealing.      

No comments:

Post a Comment